I don’t do the new year, new me kind of a thing. Instead, I made a list of things I wanted to get done during this year. A list of goals for the year, so I can keep myself ready for the challenges the year has to offer. I never did this for the previous years, but I decided to change things up a bit this year.
2018 is going to be a challenging and exciting year for me. I have a compiled a list of goals I hope to get done this year and I am slowly knocking them down one by one.
Benefits of Making a List of Goals
You get a good idea of the things you want to do for the year and you’ll be well prepared. Writing down a list of goals will also help you decide what you want to get done when and how long it would take you to achieve it. Afraid of anything you can’t do or haven’t tried? Put it on your list. You will be compelled to try it out and you will make an effort to do it sometime over the year. Your list can be longer or shorter however you want it to be. The main intent is for you to achieve as much of it as possible. Don’t stress yourself about achieving everything on the list. The list is to get you motivated to try new things and to the best of your abilities.
My Goals for 2018
I look forward to the challenge of working on my goals for this year. There are plenty of new and exciting things this year has to offer me. One of the goals was for getting my website up and I am happy to get this struck off my list. Here’s a list all my other goals for the year:
- Experiment, study and learn more about calligraphy, lettering, art, design, and watercolours.
- Teach, train and conduct more workshops in art, lettering and more
- Travel a little bit more
- Practice and work on my photography skills
- Get my Shop up with original artworks and request for commissions.
- Work more with paper
- Less stressing, more working smartly and applying thought to projects.
- Write more articles and maintain this blog.
- Learn more about managing money, finances and handling my own studio (for the future).
- Networking and attending more meetups.
- Expand my professional skill set in UX/UI, Visual and Graphic Design
I sure hope you guys make a list of goals to achieve this year and make them happen. Feel free to share your goals in the comments below; I would love to hear what you all are up to this year. Let’s make 2018 the year we fulfil our dreams! 🙂
Until the next blog post,