A diverse skill set, versatility, a love for learning and experimenting are the few phrases you can use to define me as a designer. I ensure I learn something new every day and find ways to apply it to a project I am working on. Being a designer for me doesn’t mean I just have to stick to working on design projects. I like to explore anything and everything in the design field, being it graphics, illustrations or something like even content strategising and writing. I believe versatility will help you grow; being open to ideas and thoughts all around you, experimenting with tools, concepts, the every once in a while writing and doing something different is the best way you can help your career grow.
I love a challenge, I love solving problems, I love all things creative. My general process for all design projects starts with research and understanding. I never jump into the design at the first stage, I rather prefer coming up with a bunch of solutions to the problem and then beautify it. Every project that I have worked on had me working with pen and paper and then getting into software. I research, ideate, debate with the team/clients, come up with ideas and solutions, sketch, paper prototype and then move ahead with actually sitting on the laptop and getting things done. I am always open to new ideas new project domains and verticals, ways to solve problems and value thoughts and opinions. I apply this approach to a UX Design or graphic design project, but I am open to changing the way I work as a project demands. I like to get really hands down with a project, gain ownership of the things I do and put myself into positions which make me think and come up with ideas.
You can count on me for the following:
1. UX Strategy & Design
2. UI and Visual Design
3. Illustration and Iconography
4. Identity and Logo Design
5. Graphic and Print Design
6. Content/Copy Strategy, Development and Writing
7. Content Editing and Proofreading
8. Basic SEO
9. Basic Motion Graphics and Interaction Animation (learning stages) – You can check my work on Dribbble for a few shots on my animation exploration.
11. Social Media Marketing (Instagram, Facebook, Twitter)
I am a keen experimenter and love trying out new tools (and improving my knowledge with the old ones, too). My go-to is paper and pen and only after I hit upon a solution with those and the mind (and the team), is when I get into digitizing the solution. I can work with:
1. Adobe Suite – Photoshop and Illustrator. A little bit of InDesign and a working knowledge of After Effects and Lightroom. Currently also trying out Adobe XD and Premiere Pro.
2. Sketch App
3. InVision & InVision Studio
4. Principle – Working knowledge of Interactions and Animations
5. Moqups – To build quick wireframes and prototypes to portray solutions.
6. Figma, Marvel, Framer and Axure – Trying these tools out for new projects at work.
7. The good old Pen and Paper Prototyping.
Art and Illustration
Artwork and illustration come hand in hand along with my day to day design work. Evenings and weekends are spent learning something new, or experimenting with watercolours, doodles, lettering and paper art.
I am currently open to art and illustration commissions; if you want a personalized artwork to be done by me, do get in touch with me or check me out on Instagram to get a broad idea of the things I can do. I am also planning to conduct art and illustration workshops real soon, so if you do want to learn something new and have fun while doing it, do get in touch with me and I’ll keep you posted.
Custom requests/commissions can be any of the following:
1. Illustrated Alphabets – custom requests – either with watercolours or doodled.
2. Watercolour and Brush Pen Lettering
3. Mandalas – Intricate, detailed custom drawn mandalas for your home. Black on White Paper, Coloured on Black Paper, and Wall murals.
4. Paper Illustrations
5. Handpainted and doodled bookmarks, wooden coasters and alphabets.
6. Mandalas and custom illustrations on canvas with acrylics and paint markers.
7. Alcohol Ink art
Collaboration with Zoomin: A popular online printing brand, zoomin got in touch with me to create a set of photobook covers and a card for their festive sales. I conceptualized and designed 4 photobook covers and a greeting card to support each order that went out during the festive month of November. View the covers right here.
Collaboration with Faber Castell India – A digital collaboration with Faber Castell India where I was asked to create an artwork that represents India to support a cause and initiative started by them. I was sent samples of their new products along with some extra goodies to create an artwork and run a campaign on Instagram to promote their new range of materials and their “Art For Society” campaign. View the post to this collaboration right here.